what this collection had going for it, as it often does, was its diversity. First ladies, society swans, Hollywood types, Wall Streeters—Oscar has dressed them all. First daughters, too: Barbara Bush and Jenna Bush Hager were sitting in the front row. All of them will find something to like for spring. For the minimalists, he showed an ivory linen pantsuit and a black silk Madame X dress. Maximalists had their choice of day suits in doily lace and fuchsia astrakhan. After dark, a pair of party dresses in feather-embroidered tulle were especially memorable, and we predict we’ll be seeing a lot of the shocking pink strapless gown with the green silk pompoms in magazines. One particularly influential French editor could be heard saying, “J’adore Oscar,j’adore Oscar” on her way to the elevator. Who doesn’t?
- Food and Lifestyle Habits for Healthy Skin
- Ying Cai 2017 Autumn Winter Collection
- Anna Wintour on the Met Ball, the Future of Magazines and Her Own Future — Part 2
- Giles Deacon on the Inspiration and Couture Craft Behind Pippa Middleton’s Wedding Dress
- Anna Wintour on Politics and the Fashion Business in Trump’s America — Part 1