there was brightly hued guipure lace on a midriff-revealing top and a matching midi skirt. Other pieces were made from what looked like a lacquered basket weave. They showed off Lam’s gorgeous color sense—black, with sunny yellow and fatigue green—even if they looked familiar from other runways. Meanwhile, large holographic paillettes embroidered on the front panels of skirts felt flashier than the rest of the collection—a grasp, perhaps, for last season’s embellishment trend, which is already looking tired. Like we said at the beginning, Lam excels at polished sportswear.
- Anna Wintour on the Met Ball, the Future of Magazines and Her Own Future — Part 2
- Giles Deacon on the Inspiration and Couture Craft Behind Pippa Middleton’s Wedding Dress
- Anna Wintour on Politics and the Fashion Business in Trump’s America — Part 1
- Alexander McQueen 2017 Fall Ready to Wear Collection
- Erdem 2017 Fall Ready to Wear Collection