Lace and leather predominated and often came together, as they did on a backless black apron dress with laser-cut flowers at the hem and a fitted nude sheath with a point d’esprit bodice and tulle insets zigzagging down the torso. Lillian Bassman was another reference point, and her signature black and white images provided an x-rayed floral motif that was its own innuendo. A collaboration with the lingerie maker La Perla provided ample cause for all the sheer chiffons Wu used. Another time, a tanned and taut midriff was on full display between a lace bandeau top and kicky leather skirt.
- Anna Wintour on the Met Ball, the Future of Magazines and Her Own Future — Part 2
- Giles Deacon on the Inspiration and Couture Craft Behind Pippa Middleton’s Wedding Dress
- Anna Wintour on Politics and the Fashion Business in Trump’s America — Part 1
- Alexander McQueen 2017 Fall Ready to Wear Collection
- Erdem 2017 Fall Ready to Wear Collection